Monday, January 28, 2013

Regular Soap: Friend or Enemy to the Skin?

A reader sent me a question today,  whether using regular soap for daily cleansing of the face is ok.

Hmm………I personally always advice my clients never EVER to use a regular bar of soap for the daily cleansing of their face.  The reason is that soap tends to dry the skin out, and usually regular bars of soap do not offer any additional benefits to the skin.  Again, this is my own personal opinion and what I tell my clients.

Having said that, the only time I would give in and feel a little comfortable with a client using soap is in cases of clients with acne.  In such cases, it may also used for cleansing of the back where acne can also be present.    Nonetheless, I would still recommend special cleansing products that are specifically for acne/problematic or oily skin.

If you do have to use soap (either regular bar or in liquid form) do so by first creating a rich lather on your wet skin, and then rinse thoroughly and carefully using plenty of tepid water.

DON’T’ use it to clean the area around the eyes! The skin in this area is very fine and sensitive, and special eye cleansing products should be used.

Needless to say that an appropriate tonic lotion should be used afterwards in order to remove any residues, and most importantly to balance the ph balance of the skin.

Please do send me any and all your questions…I promise that I will answer you as promptly as possible.

Until the next post….Be Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment